1. I am reading “Gift from the Sea” by Anne Morrow Lindebergh. Such a good book. Easy to read. But such great thoughts in it. A quote from it I really liked…“What a circus act we women perform every day of our lives. It puts the trapeze artist to shame. Look at us. We run a tight rope daily, balancing a pile of books on the head. Baby-carriage, parasol, kitchen chair, still under control. Steady now!”
2. Sometimes I don’t do things with my kids outside because it seems like so much work and I worry that it will end up with someone in tears. But today I took the kids sledding with our neighbor anyways…. and guess what all three kids ended up in tears. But it is good we did it anyways. (I need to learn how to not let that put me in a bad mood after though!)
3. I keep putting off getting my kids V-Day stuff ready. It’s sad but I’m just not FEELING it this year. LAZY! I’m loving all the free printable online you can find. like this one and this one and this one and this one.
5. I am in charge of the food for a Relief Society Meeting this Thursday night. We are doing a waffle bar with different kinds of waffles (like these and these and these) and lots of fun toppings. That means today and yesterday making many waffles!
6. I have my first wedding of the year coming up this Friday morning and I HOPE it is not freezing out!! It is in Cardston – which means we will be only shooting outside!! Yes she has a cape and yes I will be wearing boots and warm clothes!!
7. A little note to Alden:
I love that you are just you. In any circumstance. When we went to the cub rally tonight, you were so excited. Excited that we were all there to watch; excited that you got to race a car that YOU designed and painted and built; excited to see if you could win! You are one of the youngest boys in cubs right now. And you don’t mind at all, you mix right in with all the other boys. When the races got started it was pretty quiet in there. But you cheered. You cheered loud. You cheered for others, your cheered for yourself. Completely unembarrassed like some of the other boys seemed. Instead they did small fist pumps and quietly say “yes”. But not you. You are into it. Cheering and happy to be there and to be participating. I hope you stay this way. So just YOU. And no you didn’t win all the races. You won one. And that was good enough for you.
8. We booked a trip to Mexico. It’s the first week of May. And I am ridiculously excited. I’ve never been. We are going with our good friends Mark and Jody sans kids. Sooo excited. Haven’t figured out what we are actually doing with our kids… but that’s a minor detail
10. Interesting to note that my readers have gone up (as in over 200 people read this silly thing a day) and yet comments are way down. Interesting!