One thing that totally gets me thinking of fall is Apples! And baking. So apples PLUS baking? Totally FALL! These tasty treats TOTALLY remind me of my grandma Stasiuk.. She often makes them. And this recipe is another one from her.
Really deep fried baking with apples and then a little icing drizzled? Fall, I love you.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp quick rising yeast
- 2 finely peeled chopped apples
- Approx 6 cups Flour
- Combine chopped apples with 1 Tbsp of flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt, sugar and oil until frothy.
- Combine warm water and warm milk and add to mixture.
- Add 4 cups of flour. Sprinkle yeast on top of the flour mixture and then mix in.
- Then add in your apples and 2 cups of flour or more as needed to make a soft dough. This means that it shouldn't be too sticky when you touch it but when you press your finger into the dough it will bounce back towards you.)
- Let it rise in a warm spot until doubled.
- Meanwhile, have your dee frying oil heating in large pot on the stove.
- Use a tablespoon of dough and stretch it as your drop it into the oil.
- Let it brown on the first side and then turn it over and let brown. It should only take about 2 minutes on each side. If it is taking longer then the dough needs to be thinner.
- Let cool after cooked on both sides.
- When cool, combine a small amount of icing sugar with some warm water even to make a thin glaze and splatter over top of cooled fritters.
Thanks Grandma! And Yep Fall, we love you every year.
More posts like this: