I had a large pile of bananas on my counter this morning. (As I often do.) And I wanted something besides my favorite banana muffins (which I will still make too – there were THAT many bananas!). So I fiddled around and came up with these yummy waffles. My hubby and kids quite liked them. I hope you do too.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 large bananas
- 5 TBSP oil
- Preheat your waffle iron
- In a large bowl combine eggs, brown sugar, milk, buttermilk, bananas and oil.
- Using a handheld mixer combine really well until the bananas are all mixed up.
- In a different bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Combine with the wet mixture just until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Spray or butter your waffle iron and cook your waffles like you normally would.
- Eat with powered sugar and syrup or whipped cream and buttermilk syrup or chocolate syrup!