12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Candy Cane Blossoms
A few years ago my good friend brought me some of these lovely cookies and I loved them ever since. And I love it when she brings them to us still. Love those little candy cans kisses that only come out at Christmas time.
Such a festive treat. This recipe comes straight from Hershey and is super simple. You could use green or red sparkles or that big sugar they sell at the Bulk Barn.
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set.
- Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
This was another perfect cookie for little hands to help with. Norah rolled them in the red sugar and set them on the baking sheet. She was sooooo pleased with herself when she rolled them. And we had fun doing it together.
More posts like this: