12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Jam Thumbprints
Today I’m sharing another of my grandma’s recipes that she has been making for christmas for years. She always puts Jam in them, but me being me had to trying something else too and I had a lovely jar of Dulce de leche from Superstore so I added some of the of that too.
I mean that jar of Dulce de leche was just begging to be used. And these yummy little cookies were the perfect vehicle.
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup good jam
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and 1/2 tsp salt and Beat well.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4" balls.
- Dip into egg whites and then roll in chopped nuts.
- Place 1" apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Press down centers with thumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 17 minutes.
- Cool slightly, remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- Just before serving, fill centers will jam or dulce de leche.
A little bit of indulgence, but that’s kind of Christmas eating 😉
I love grandma recipes, especially mine since she’s such a good cook!
More posts like this: