We recently going to Hawaii for the first time, I fell in love with it! It is amazing! The scenery – wow. Mountains, rivers, waterfalls, the coast line, snorkeling, the warm wind. All of it was just lovely. Since coming back home I wanted to try and bring some of the flavors home.
They are sweet but not too sweet and the pineapple and juice really adds moisture and flavor. I feel like they bring back a little bit of the flavor of Hawaii.
- 3/4 cup softened margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 1- 14 oz can crushed pineapple, juice and everything
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 muffin tins with muffin liners.
- Cream the margarine and sugar. Add in eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Gently stir in pineapple and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop muffin mix into prepared pans.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until the edges are browned.
More posts like this: