I love a good muffin. I think they can be healthy but still tasty. And they are perfect for breakfast on the go, with or without a smoothie. They can be made a head and frozen. And they are great for after school snacks or even as an addition into the lunch box. All around great!
I have tried a LOT of muffin recipes. I’m constantly trying them out to see which one I like best. And I can say i LOVE This one. I found it from the great Bon Appetit Facebook page. They share a lot of really great recipes. I love following them on Facebook!
Norah was my little helper in adding in the blueberries.
Bon Appetit's Best Blueberry Muffins
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks, beaten to blend
- 1½ cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Lightly coat cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl to combine. Add 1½ cups blueberries and gently stir until evenly distributed.
- Whisk eggs, yogurt, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla in a medium bowl until combined and creamy, about 30 seconds. Gently fold egg mixture into dry ingredients just to combine (be careful not to overmix).
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Top with remaining ½ cup blueberries, gently pressing to adhere (you should have 4–5 berries per muffin). Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake muffins, rotating pan halfway through, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let muffins cool in pan 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
So helpful right?! 🙂
So so yummy, with just the perfect amount of sweetness.
More posts like this: