I wanted to share an easy summer meal that is made in the crockpot and is super simple. You need a can of sour cherry jam. I bought this at Superstore but you can get any brand! (In reality you can change it for a different fruit name too but it would change the flavor of it!) It’s a very simple recipe with 6 ingredients.
- 1 jar sour cherry jam
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Handful of fresh Sage (or use 3 Tbsp of dried)
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 6 boneless pork steaks or pork chops
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the jam, brown sugar, water and cornstarch and mix well.
- Place your pork steaks into crockpot.
- Pour the mixture over top. Add fresh sage on top. (If using dried mix in with the jam mixture.)
- Turn on low and cook for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
We served it with rice, steamed carrots and fresh buns.
It’s a super easy summer dish and You can make it with chicken too.
More posts like this: