Today I’m sharing another quick little Valentine’s project. Now to start out with, I am NOT a professional sewer by any stretch of the imagination. I’m sure I break the rules and most things I sew, you can tell they are homemade. So with that in mind, here is the little quilt I made with the how to and at the bottom of the post how you can win one of the two I made like this! Here it is on the back of my couch, which is where I made it for!
To make it you need:
- 4 strips of 5.5″x 55″ plain black fabric
- 3 strips of 5.5″ 55″ white fabric (I went with a white on white one. It has little flowers but you have to be close to see them)
- Wide black Bias tape
- 35.5″ x 55.5″ piece of plain black fabric
- 30″ x 20″ piece of shiny gold fabric
- 35.5″ x 55.5″ piece of quilt batting
- black, white & yellow thread
So this is the finished pattern for the back (without the heart on it)
1. After you have cut out all your strips you sew them together starting and ending with black.
2. Then you cut out your heart. I did mine on paper first to get it the size I wanted. It ended up being about 26″ by 18″.
4. Then you sew on your heart onto the quilt top. I did it with a wide but close zig zag. (If I was good at hand appliqué I would have done that but I’m not 😉 so I picked a different way to do it!
5. Then you add your filling and back and pin it all around.
6. Then I quilted it. I did only on the black in black thread. I added stripes into the quilting to give it a little something more.
7. Then sew the binding on around the edges. That’s it.
It didn’t take too long to make, really about 3 hours from start to finish (if I wasn’t interrupted so much ;))
So I made two. And I want to give one away. So enter 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveaway
More posts like this: