One of the things I get asked for the most is a pizza dough recipe! I have two different ones that I like. One is more for a thinner crust and the other is more not so thin crust 🙂
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cups warm water
- 6 cups all purpose flour (* approx.)
- Mix the warm water, sugar, salt and yeast and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Then add the flour and knead for 5 minutes.
- Roll into a ball and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll out into pizza pans.
- Top with favorite toppings and cook!
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup melted margarine (or of oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Put your water and salt in a large bowl and stir to let the salt dissolve. And set it aside.
- In a different bowl mix the eggs and sugar until frosty.
- Combine into the biggest bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the melted margarine (or oil). Stir well.
- Start adding flour until it gets hard to stir with a spoon.
- Sprinkle yeast on top and stir it in.
- Now start adding flour until the dough comes together and you can handle it.
- Knead it a bit with your hands.
- (If you are using a Bosch or a kitchen-aid it will start to pull away from the sides.)
- It should be a nice clean dough that you poke your hand into and it just leaves a dent that pops back out.
- Turn the dough over so the smooth side is on the top.
- Then pour the rest of the margarine (or oil) over top and grease the sides of the bowl with it too.
- Let rise in a warm spot until doubled.
- Roll it into your pans.
Our Favorite topping combos lately?
- Hawaiian and Pepperoni (my kids favorites and I make them every time plus some for us)
- Basil Pesto + chopped cooked chicken mozzarella
- Fresh basil + fresh tomatoes + fresh mozzarella
- taco: hamburger (with seasoning on it) + cheddar + onions served with lettuce + tomato + sour cream
- veggie: fresh tomatoes + bell peppers + mushrooms + goat cheese
- Italian sausage + mushrooms + purple onions + mozzarella