from Pampered Chef Cooking for Two & More
1 tsp olive oil
4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
Salt & ground black pepper
8 sheets (9×14 inches) thawed, frozen phyllo dough
2 skinless salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each) about 1 1/2 inches thick
2 Tbsp garlic and herb cream cheese spread
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in Sauté pan while hot. Add spinach; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Remove spinach to paper towel lined plate. Squeeze out all excess moisture; set aside.
2. Lay one sheet of phyllo on large work surface and spray with nonstick spray. Place second sheet on top, pressing sheets together to sea. Continue laying down and spraying phyllo sheets to create a stack of four sheets of phyllo. Repeat with remaining phyllo and additional cooking spray to create another phyllo stack.
3. Season salmon fillets with salt and black pepper. Spread each salmon fillet with half of the cream cheese spread and top with half of spinach. For each phyllo bundle, place salmon, spinach side down, on phyllo stack 2 inches from bottom edge of short side. Fold long sides oh phyllo in toward center. Gently roll up phyllo from bottom to top . Place both bundles on a cookie sheet with seam sides down. Using a bread knife, make three diagonal slits across the top of each bundle. Spray bundles with cooking spray. Bake 11 -13 minutes or until centers of each salmon register 130 degrees and phyllo is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 2 servings.
Some of my thoughts on this recipe:
1. I made this last week and it was soooo good. Even my kid ate it (well not Eli but he never eats anything so he doesn’t count in this instance 🙂 )
2. The Sister Missionaries loooved it
3. I made 5 bundles and we easily had 2 left over. We could split one bundle for 2 people.
4. I totally forgot about the slicing the 3 slits and it didn’t really matter 🙂
5. I think thawed out and drained frozen spinach would work just fine in a pinch
6. We had it with ancient grains and brown rice for a healthy meal.