This fabulous recipe is from my friend Jill.
She is SUCH a good cook. And so funny. Always lots of laughs to be had with Jill around!!! I am sure I will probably share some other recipes Jill has shared with me on here!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped (can use fresh or frozen. If using frozen, thaw and drain beforehand)
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Make a well in centre.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs canola oil and the strawberries.
- Add into well in centre of flour mix. Combine but not overmix.
- Grease and sugar two loaf pans, coating the inside. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
You can sprinkle tops of loaves with sugar before baking to make it crunchy
I made this a couple weeks ago and I didn’t have any strawberries, frozen or fresh. But I did have some of these freeze dried strawberries from Thrive.
And they worked really well. I ended up letting them sit in water first and then draining them. And I added more like 3 1/2 cups. But worked out so good! So if you have
Thrive products in your home try some of those in this bread! Enjoy!!