There are not a lot of foods that I don’t enjoy. And funnily enough, pears is one of them. I just can not take the texture of them. I want to like them, but then I bite into one and gag. Can’t do it.
So this fall being the smart lady that I am, I got a case of pears. And my family just wasn’t eating them fast enough. (Maybe since I got a case of nectarines and 2 of peaches at the same time…..) Anyways, I was needing to use up some pears. And I wanted to it in a way that I’d enjoy too. (And I’d already canned my limit for the year….. my self imposed limit that is).
This dessert is a result of all these circumstances. 🙂
- 2 ripe pears
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Grease a 2 quart glass pan. Peel your pears and cut into slices and layer into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon over top of the pears.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, starting and ending with the flour.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Eat it warm with ice cream or vanilla bean whipped cream or let it cool to room temperature.