I love how at Christmas time there is certain candy that when you see it you think CHRISTMAS! Like these chocolate and peanut butter bells. Yummy.
Another simple and yummy Christmas treat. I got this recipe a few years ago from a cookbook I borrowed once from the library and I didn’t even write down which book!
We may have eaten some of the candy before these got made so I started sticking other chocolates we have around the house. HA!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat shortening and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat until combined, scraping bowl sides as need.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Beat in flour, stopping and using hands to mix in if necessary.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in additional granulated sugar to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are firm and bottoms are light brown.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss or peanut butter bell into each cookie center and let cool.
I love chocolate and peanut butter together! Yummo!
More posts like this: