One of the things I get asked for the most is a pizza dough recipe! I have two different ones that I like. One is more for a thinner crust and the other is more not so thin crust
Thin Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cups warm water
- 6 cups all purpose flour (* approx.)
Mix the warm water, sugar, salt and yeast and let stand for 10 minutes.
Then add the flour and knead for 5 minutes.
Roll into a ball and let it rest for 20 minutes.
Roll out into pizza pans.
Top with favorite toppings and cook!
Thick Pizza Dough
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup melted margarine (or of oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
Put your water and salt in a large bowl and stir to let the salt dissolve. And set it aside.
In a different bowl mix the eggs and sugar until frosty.
Combine into the biggest bowl.
Add 1/2 of the melted margarine (or oil). Stir well.
Start adding flour until it gets hard to stir with a spoon.
Sprinkle yeast on top and stir it in.
Now start adding flour until the dough comes together and you can handle it.
Knead it a bit with your hands.
(If you are using a Bosch or a kitchen-aid it will start to pull away from the sides.)
It should be a nice clean dough that you poke your hand into and it just leaves a dent that pops back out.
Turn the dough over so the smooth side is on the top.
Then pour the rest of the margarine (or oil) over top and grease the sides of the bowl with it too.
Let rise in a warm spot until doubled.
Roll it into your pans.
Our Favorite topping combos lately?
- Hawaiian and Pepperoni (my kids favorites and I make them every time plus some for us)
- Basil Pesto + chopped cooked chicken mozzarella
- Fresh basil + fresh tomatoes + fresh mozzarella
- taco: hamburger (with seasoning on it) + cheddar + onions served with lettuce + tomato + sour cream
- veggie: fresh tomatoes + bell peppers + mushrooms + goat cheese
- Italian sausage + mushrooms + purple onions + mozzarella