Here is my opening page for my 2014 album. (totally taken with my iphone! ha!)
I was thinking of writing down all my thoughts about doing PL for the last two years. First off, No I did NOT keep up. At all. I played catch up. Heck I didn’t even start on time! But I’m done 2012 (well I still need some journalling bits and december is a tad bit sparse but it’s done enough to say I’m done… anyways….)
1. I’ve realized I take a LOT of pictures. And it’s really hard for me to narrow down to one a day. I think with 5 kids and then everything else there is lots of people to take pictures of. I see those lists of things to take pictures of and I feel like when am I going to do that?? So I need to wrap my brain around the fact that I don’t HAVE to do a week per spread. Sometimes I can and sometimes I need more space to tell the stories of our lives. So I’m going to do that.
2. I was trying hard to just use PL stuff. Why? I don’t know. Sometimes I get these ideas in my head and then I put myself into a box that stifles me. So that’s out. I get Studio Calico stuff and I have other scrapbooking stuff I am going to use. And Making my own in photoshop and printing it out. No box. Freedom in creativity.
3. I do better when I print my photos at home. It’s just easier currently in my life. And I waste less money cause I can print them right to the size I need and all that. Sometimes I might do it at the pharmacy. And enlargements I’d get printed for me for sure. (well bigger than 6×6)
4. I am going to try and focus on capturing moments with my kids more. And I want Regan and I to be IN more pictures this year. We’ll see how it works out. I’m not going to stress about it, but I am going to keep it in my mind.
5. I’m figuring out a system of being set up for easy layouts. I’m still working on it. But when I figure it out I’ll let you know.