1. I feel overwhelmed lately with how kind people are to me. I am undeserving but so thankful. The birthday celebrations, some one brought me a cake and another offered to make me one, people calling to watch my kids so I can have some alone time, the calls, clearing the snow from my drive way. So much more. It has all made me feel a great desire to do more for others.
2. I loved Regan’s post yesterday. If you didn’t read it, go read it and tell him how funny he is 🙂 Ah i just love that guy. And I am sooooooooo excited that he is coming home for a few days tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. I am one photoshoot away from being completely caught up on editing. And I couldn’t be MORE happy about it. Recently I have taken less of my kids cause of the overwhelming amount on my plate to edit. I have edited 7 shoots in the past 2 weeks and 2 of them were weddings. That is a LOT of time in the evening doing editing. But since Reg has been gone the whole time I was alone and just hunkered down and did it!
4. Yesterday my friend took Lucy and Eli for the whole afternoon. (See #1) I went out to eat and read a book, went to the library on my own and did a whole bunch of shopping for Christmas and some for me. It was mmmmmmmarvelous. And Eli was so excited to see me when I got back that he was so happy during his normal crazy time. Loved it!
5. Today we are starting our Christmas advent tradition of reading a Christmas book each day until Christmas and doing a craft or treat or activity that coordinates. I hope to post about each one as we go along, but really I am not putting any pressure on myself about it!
6. Speaking of #5 I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’ve decided that I was putting too much pressure on myself about blogging. It is so silly. But I was trying to do it all the time just cause I said I was going to. And well, frankly it doesn’t matter. Reading my scriptures before bed, more important. Hanging out with my hubby, more important. Going to be at a good time, more important. I am trying to change the part of myself that puts unrealistic expectations on me. We’ll see how it goes. Not just with blogging. But with everything. It’ll be a on going project. Really it has been brewing for a while and really this talk really hit home with me. Read it. I am going to work on making better choices and not just overwhelming myself with stuff, as I am sooooo good at doing!
7. I just watched some cheesey girl movie last night that reg would have HATED. I always watch shows he doesn’t like when he’s on call or out of town. But I’d rather have him home. (see #2)