Today I’m sharing a great cake that comes from my lovely grandma. I’ve shared a few recipes from her and I’m sure I’ll share more. But for now, here is a yummy, chocolatey dense cake for your eating pleasure.
Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 eggs unbeaten
- Prepare a bundt cake pan by greasing well with shortening and set aside.
- Combine cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate and boiling water. Let it cool.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and sour cream in a separate bowl and mix together.
- Add in cooled chocolate mixture. Add in flour mixture.
- Then add in each egg and mixing well each time.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until pierced with a toothpick comes out clean.
For a little extra treat: Combine 2-3 cups of coconut and some sweetened condensed milk to moisten it. Put half the batter into the pan. Add the sweetened coconut into the middle. Cover with the rest of the batter.
I added a simple icing sugar and water glaze to go on top. Cause really… most things are better with icing!