Last month I showed you a little project I am doing for my family where I take a picture of us all every month. This is last months. And here is this months. My LCD monitor on my camera isn’t working… so I had no idea if we were all looking or if for instance my 10 year old was making a silly face…. and after two shots Eli wouldn’t participate anymore. So this is the best we got. I’ll take it! All of us at Dad’s office weighing Norah for her 1 month.
Highlights from February: (And lowlights…)
- Alden’s grade 4 play
- Celebrating Valentine’s Day
- Great Grandma’s 90th birthday party
- Making perogis with grandma and great grandma
- Working on Project Life for last year (almost done!)
- All the food others have brought to us!
- Dad working 9 straight days with 6 of them on call
- Celebrating Family Day
- Seeing Susie and Ryan and the girls
- Playdates with James for Eli
- A traumatic trip to the store for mom and the three littles
- Surviving my First Sunday with 5 kids and Dad on call
- A few warm days where the kids could play outside
- Surviving Oliver and Eli both getting sick – twice
- Older three kids and Dad doing the Chilly Willy Run
- A week off school for the kids
- Lucy starting reading the Chronicles of Narnia
- Norah reaching 1 month
My friend Heather has done a project I am going to do this year. Every month I’m going to take a picture of our whole family. Hopefully some of them will be doing things that our family will do together. Not all of us just lined up on the couch. But this month, since Norah is new and small, lined up on the couch was just right. (And MAN my kids were being stinkers….. well Lucy was a stinker and Eli was mostly sleeping!!) I am going to try and post them on the last day of the month. Or at least close too the last day.
Highlights from January:
- Norah’s birth 🙂
- Dad taking a week off to be at home after Norah’s birth
- getting the bedrooms all ready for Norah’s arrival
- Visiting with family and friends
- Celebrating Ukrainian Christmas at Brad and Whitney’s
- Hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa Davis’
- Having Grandma Davis come and sleep over at our house
- Surviving the flu (went through almost the entire family)
- Sledding with Steed cousins
- Alden reading the book and then getting to watch Harry Potter 2
- Eli and Lucy having a sleep over in HillSpring
- Celebrating Grandpa Steed’s birthday
- Visiting Grandma Steed at the hospital
- Lots of playing outside in all the snow
- Nichole coming over and taking some pictures of us all
- The kids seeing Norah for the first time
Yesterday was the 15th…. so for today’s Our Year in Photos…
This was our Thursday with pictures taken by me and Alden and Lucy.
Month 3 Week 4: Favorite Character or Movie.
For the fourth week of each month we’ll focus on details.
To know more about this project you can read my first post here.
Well this week I had a lot of fun taking my pictures 🙂 Lucy could never decide her favorite character or movie. She just kept saying but I love this book and this book and this book. So I never did take one of her but Eli and Alden both decided.
First up Eli. And this is his response. 🙂 Totally Inspired by my friend Caryle who did Superman pictures with her adorable son Jeran.
We had some fun taking these this week 🙂
And Alden. Alden LOVES Mario. Love love love loves him and his silly games. This is totally inspired by one I found online.
I had wanted to do the whole family wearing a mustache…. but Eli would NOT wear it and Oliver was crying sooo no family Mario picture but here are the four that actually play the game 🙂
My favorite part of this picture??? Regan’s face! And man, how a paper mustache makes my nose look big. Good thing I can NOT grow a real one. (whoops left out that not at first 🙂 )
You can see all my other entries for this project here
Go check out Brooke’s over here!
Please tell me if you have a link somewhere for playing along and I’ll add the links.